Monday, April 18, 2011

Blessings

I am so blessed. I was thinking this today. Blessed to be doing something so exciting that I have always wanted to do. Blessed to have SO many great friends...more than i realized. Blessed to have found an awesome church family. Blessed to be financially able to make this move. Just blessed. It sounds cliche...to me because its something I hear people saying a lot. But to be able to say that we are blessed...truly blessed...is a profound thing. My old cynical-in-a-bad-spot-in-life-self used to think that I would never be able to say that I was blessed again. But even then, God was blessing me just in the way that he was using those bad times to sharpen the mental and emotional traits that I would need for this next leg in the journey. I just couldn't see it at the time (of course we never can). So, my old in-a-bad-spot-self sort of still feels like these blessings that I am reaping now are too good to be true. In fact, I feel a little guilty and undeserving. I almost (just almost) am afraid to do anything the least bit bad (even step on a bug) because I don't want to attract any bad karma. However, I shouldn't feel this way because it is possible, but more likely probable, that God just loves us that much. And he wants to bless us all. Because He loves us that much. Wow. Three more days until we move to SC!

No comments:

Post a Comment